Pages

Friday 15 July 2011

The Sun Came out Today

... and so did the bugs!


For anyone who didn't already know this, chasing bugs is one of my all time favourite things to do. Many, many hours have been wasted spent by wondering around, crawling through the grass, and stalking my prey.

But, alas, every year, as the days grow colder and shorter, the bugs disappear. Then, as the days begin to warm again, the bugs re-appear. A new crop of bugs for a new season, all drawn out of hiding by the warmth of the sun.

So, out of storage came my macro gear, and outside I went. I decided that for today, I would only shoot natural light, using only the occasional cloud or tree to modify the light. Here are the results...







Not a bug, but drawn out by the sunlight, nonetheless.

I also had a follower, in Nik, so I fired off a few frames of him during our travels too.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work Dave and good stuff doing it with natural light, I know how hard that can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, Leon. It can be quite tricky, but the results *can* be more aesthetically pleasing, as you still have a background... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I love the fly's eyes. They're so buggy :) very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me your thoughts on this post.